Maksim Sedej (1909-1974)

Sedej attended the Technical High School in Ljubljana between 1923 and 1925, and studied painting between 1928 and 1932 at the Academy of Fine Arts in Zagreb with professors Vladimir Becić, Marin Tartaglia and Jozo Kljaković. He graduated in 1932, and in 1940 and 1954 his works were exhibited at the Venice Biennale, where he represented Yugoslav art. He was one of the co-founders of the Club of Independents. After World War II, M.Sc. In 1949/50 he taught at the School of Arts and Crafts, and in 1950-73 he was (since 1965 a full professor) at the Academy of Fine Arts in Ljubljana.